Motiv-8 have entertained at the Inn on the Lake many times, even before Cumbrian hoteliers Kit and Charles Graves bought the Ullswater Hotel in 2000.
They re-opened the hotel as The Inn on the Lake
on 1st March 2001, with general manager Gary Wilson at the helm. At this time wedding celebrations were held in the Lake View Resturant, and in 2003 they were moved to the Ramblers Bar.
Purpose built in 2016, the Candle Room is now the hotel's primary wedding function suite.
Motiv-8 is always ahead with great innovation.
- We run a small isolated server, allowing guests to share wedding photos on screen.
- Our lighting is DMX operated from a tablet.
- The speaker system is controlled via bluetooth.
- All our music is sound level compressed within each FLAC file.
- Many AHK scripts are constantly running to keep everything in sync.
Equipment placement differs too. For example, in the Candle Room I spread out the speakers, for me this results in a fuller sound with half the volume.
(Some DJ's will show you photos of guests dancing but never their equipment. That's similar to hiring a car without seeing or knowing the model prior to collection.)
Motiv-8 is honest, and credible with high standards. What you see is what you get.
Music is the most importaint factor, and as music tastes differ, so does the level of involvement.
I find couples today prefer digital communication, and the online planning tools are used extensively.
- Search our music database and form your own playlists. Save as you go for continued progress later.
- A DJ planner is essential for the smooth running of any wedding. Available within your Planning Tools.
- We have a high level of maintance - If something needs attention, it's done the next day.
Whether you're having a small intimate wedding
or a large gathering, I have the experience and flair to entertain and connect with your guests, to keep your dance floor busy.
I will help with prior planning your wedding disco at The Inn on the Lake, and offer various options to enhance your big day.