There are many questions, and I will answer the more common questions here, but if you have other questions please get in touch!
Are You Available On My Date?
- Please use the availability checker on this web site. The direct link is here.
What Music Will You Play?
- Whatever you like. I have been a DJ since 1980, and I have specialist knowledge of many music genres: Ballads, Garage, Hip-hop, Dance, House, Soul, Motown, Northern Soul, Indie, Rock, Disco, EDM, Pop and Party Waltzes.Every client has access to their client planning tools where you create prior playlists, and provide details about your event. I also welcome requests from your guests on the night.
(I reserve the right to deviate from a specific playlist if it is in the interest of maintaining a full dancefloor. Then returning to your playlist later.)
Music Request Advice
- If you want to keep the dance floor packed. We suggest having a playlist tailored to your guests, not just the Bride & Groom.
You may love 90's hip-hop, but your event isn't the time to show off your discerning music tastes. Please, consider allowing your guests access to your client planning playlist. Otherwise you risk emptying the dance floor.
What Equipment Do You Use?
- I use Allen & Heath mixing with Traktor DJing software and with EV speakers.
Th elighting is ultra-modern lighting from Chauvet and ADJ, with projection from Sony to ensure the best mobile disco experience.
- To combat excessive volume levels, every song is processed with multi-band compression.
Therefore, the volume can not go beyond or below a set level, just like broadcasters.
Will You Play Extra Hours?
- All quotations are for five hours playing time. Extra hours are £30.00 per half hour.
What Will You Wear?
- My attire is smart dress shirt, bow-tie, waistcoat, and black trousers.
About Health & Safety?
- Public Liability and PAT certificates are available within your client planning tools
Who will be the DJ?
- I do not sub-contract, or employ another disco company to be your DJ.
If you book Motiv-8 you get Advance Disco or Nitebeat Disco with DJ Mike Wild.
How Do You Take Payments?
- I require a 50% reservation fee, which is only payable once you have received your contract, and the optional 14-day cooling off period has elapsed.