There are many questions, and I will answer the more common questions here, but if you have other questions please get in touch!
Are You Available On My Date?
- Please use the availability checker on this web site. The direct link is here.
What Music Will You Play?
- Whatever you like. I throughly enjoy working with clients to create a unique party soundtrack.
I have been a DJ since 1980, and I have specialist knowledge of many music genres: Ballads, Garage, Hip-hop, Dance, House, Soul, Motown, Northern Soul, Indie, Rock, Disco, EDM, Pop and Party Waltzes.Each client has a secure on-line planning area to create prior playlists, and on the night of your event I will encrouage requests from your guests.
(I reserve the right to deviate from a specific playlist if it is in the interest of maintaining a full dancefloor. Then returning to your playlist later.)
What Equipment Do You Use?
- I use the latest studio quality Allen & Heath mixing with Traktor DJing software to deliver an exceptionally high smooth quality sound through Nexo or EV speakers.
A ultra-modern lighting system from Chauvet and ADJ is employed, with Kam lasers and projection from Sony to ensure the best mobile disco experience for you and your guests.
- I am always conscious of excessive volume levels between different songs.
To combat this problem area, every song is compressed using studio quality mulit-band compression.
Therefore, the volume can not go beyond or below a set level, just like on radio.
What about Set-up and Take-down?
- In general, I will arrive about one hour prior to your event, and I require an area of 3m x 1.5m
I will also prior co-ordinate set-up and take-down timings with your venue.
Will You Play Extra Hours?
- All quoteations are for five hours playing time. If you would like me to play longer, the costs are £30.00 per half hour.
What Will You Wear?
- My attire is smart dress shirt, bow-tie, waistcoat, and black trousers.
About Health & Safety?
- Current Public Liability and PAT certificates are made available within your client planning area, and to view Motiv-8's Health and Saftey policy follow this link: Health & Safety
Will You Play "Cheesy" Music?
- Firstly, we will always play the music you request. Some cheesy music is healthy at parties. However, songs such as the "Birdie Dance" will not be played for reasons of taste and credibility.
If I book with you. Who will be the DJ?
- I do not sub-contract bookings, or book someone else to be your DJ.
If you book Motiv-8 you get Motiv-8 Disco with me - DJ Mike Wild. If I'm busy I will provide details of other local DJ's to contact.
How Do You Take Payments?
- I require a 50% reservation fee, which is only payable once you have received your contract, and the optional 14-day cooling off period has elapsed. Your balance will become due two weeks prior to your event.
PayPal and direct bank transfers are now common payment routes, and I still accept cheques.
Are you on Facebook?
- Yes, I have a fabulous Facebook page where anybody can view photographs, previous event videos, and reviews left by delighted customers.
You can also ask questions, via messenger, and keep up to date with our special offers, and Wedding Fayres.
Check it out at www.facebook.com/motiv-8videodisco